Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hello, world of Writers.

If you think you want to write a story just like how the script writers did it in your favorite movie you'd be thingking like, "Oh yeah. I could do it. I have a lot of ideas."
I tried this at first, then I started opening microsoft word or notepad for starters. I blinked twice. Scratched my chin. Gettin' into the comfortable zone. After a few hours, my story was so great it went like this:

JOHNNY FETCH A PAIL OF WATER.

There were blood stains in my computer. Blood stains of pure failure. I was like "what the hell..". I wasted typing nonsense for two hours. It was even better to shave my grandpa's back all day than to think of words that'll look golden on a crappy piece of paper. My dog's poop looks even better than it.There goes inspiration.

Not only writers get to write you know. Well, most of the time they do. But the interesting part here is that you don't write because you just wanted to tell an all girl-yakuza with violent boobs action(So much for sucker punch.) but you write because you wanted to tell a story. A really great story. The only problem is that sometimes, we just don't know how to put it in words. I don't have control over my senses. I get distracted too much. 
At one scene I imagine the story like a real Hollywood film would look like, there were batallions, assassins, samurai, and then there were flying cars and wooden puppies. It's pretty unique though looking at Gerard Butler on his "300" Leonidas costume riding on a flying car petting his wooden puppy on the front seat. Xerxes would've been jealous. He would've made a puppy out of gold.

Like I say, I don't have full control over my senses. Have you ever experienced someone warning you not to think about it and you actually think about it. Like the last time my friend told me not to think about that new vocaloid "Hatsune Miku" soundtrack (I think it was Ievan Polka) because the song pisses her off (Sorry Yamaha corporation.), then after three days, I was like " Ara tsa tsa ya biridabbiriri" singing that gibberish synthesized song from a synthesized singer-robot-bimbo. It was so addicting. 

Authors from books aren't the only supernatural creatures who can make a good sentence and earn millions of dollars from it. There are also the cartoonists, magazine chicks, scriptwriters, mangakas(anime comic writers), commercial dudes and bloggers.

Maybe the only way I could earn a million dollars is if I...
A.) become a drug lord,
B.) rob three banks
C.) Kidnap a rich kid
D.) Invent a microwavable estrogen-packed silicon butt scratchers 

So they're not entirely realistic. The things I can do that's close to these three things is...nothing.
So my imagination has more capacity in the subconscious part of my well-being...it's a good start for writing right?

Study. That's the last thing that would've crossed my mind but if you really want to get that story out of your dream world and into the real world, no matter how crazy it's gonna be, STUDY first how to get it out in an organized manner. Do research and read the works of others and learn from it. Try not to copy their exact work but instead, allocate them in to one of your inspiration boxes unless you're already a supernatural creature who makes a hundred bucks an hour for one freakin' sentence. 

But always always put in mind that writing is no funny hobby, writing is serious and you need a lot of passion to get it all the way through or else you'd just find yourself sitting in a couch writing one sentence about a boy named Johnny and what he does with a pail. Or you'd make a habit of not finishing your works. Face the challenge! Make your day more interesting by sharpening your observation skills, and if you're not good in English or Spanish or Atlantish or whatever language you want your story to be told that is not your native tongue then try thinking in your desired language until you get that habit to easily write what you think.(What the hell.)

Do your best and have an emblem of motivation to keep that writing experience blooming. Have faith in yourself and remember, good writers gained good writing from experience, and experience is gained through bad writing. Don't lose hope and enjoy the world of writing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment